10 Uses for Cornflakes

This week we tackle everyone’s least favourite cereal: corn flakes.

1. Cluster Cakes: Preparing food in individual portions is the best way to fool people into thinking you put effort into cooking. Melt chocolate and butter together in a pan. Let it cool and drop some corn flakes in. Spoon into a cupcake cases and let set in the fridge. 

2. Flakes n’ Fish: Crush up some corn flakes. Brush a fillet of fish in oil and roll it in the flakes; then put it straight into a frying pan. That’s probably how you make fried fish.

3. KFC(orn Flakes): Repeat everything above, but this time with chicken.

4. Mozzarella dippers: Repeat #2, but this time with cheese. Are you sensing a pattern here?

5. Corn Crumbs: Most baked dishes call for a topping of bread crumbs. If you have somehow managed to scrape the ingredients together for a full on casserole, a) wow, congratulations. b) it’s likely that the one thing you won’t have handy is bread crumbs. So instead, reach for your cereal and crush up corn flakes as a substitute. 

6. (Not) Fried Ice Cream: Dip scoops of ice cream in a mix of honey, cinnamon, brown sugar, and corn flakes. If you worry about your blood sugar, do not try this at home.

7. Hash Browns: Nothing cures a hangover like hash browns. Make your own medicine with shredded potatoes, shredded cheese, and corn flakes. Mix together and lightly fry. Consume straight from the pan for best results.

8. If you’re following this list, you haven’t seen greens in days. Sprinkle over a salad for an added crunch.

9. Classic corn flakes, with milk or yogurt. Rumour has it that, that is a balanced breakfast.

10. You know the drill – Handfuls of cereal, straight from the box.