Jacob Webber pulls out of EUSA presidential race

Jacob Webber, one of five candidates for the position of EUSA President in 2015/16, has pulled out of the race just two days after nominees were made public.

Webber told The Student that he has been offered a software development job, and is halting campaign preparations as a result.

Webber, who also unsuccessfully stood for the EUSA Presidency last year, said he had “decided a couple of days ago.”

“I haven’t officially withdrawn yet,” He continued, “But I’ll do that on Monday.”

Asked why he had pulled out, Webber admitted: “I was offered a better job to be honest” and that while running for President is “loads of fun” it “isn’t that great a way to make any real change in the world.”

EUSA election candidates were announced on Friday, revealing that almost 200 people will be standing for 62 EUSA positions, as well as places on the Trustee Board and Trading Committee.

With Webber now out of the running, the remaining candidates for President are Michael Kutner, Faatima Osman, Theo Robertson-Bonds and Jonny Ross-Tatem.

+