‘5 Minutes in the Pan’ No Bake Oreo Cheesecake

Being able to attain true happiness – it’s what people strive for in life, but is near impossible, right? Well, in the culinary world, I would say this little recipe is about the closest you’ll come to that. If you love Oreos you’ll be wanting to have this for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Being an advocate of healthy living, I think that anything can be consumed as long as it’s in moderation and this is exactly the dessert or snack that you should have on a ‘treat yo self’ day.

Originally, I had intended to make a whole cake. I started making one; it was half-done and I had already used up all the ingredients I bought for it. So, I decided to abandon that idea and instead make a cup-size version since it is way cheaper for us students to make. That way, I didn’t have the temptation to eat an entire cheesecake by myself too, although it was very tempting!

What’s more is: it requires absolutely no baking whatsoever! Personally, I find it tough to use the oven in general because my oven always takes so long to bake food and even then, it’s still a little raw. This recipe requires next to no preparation time, but does need some time to cool in the fridge. Needless to say, you won’t want to make any other dessert after this one.

If this doesn’t quite take your fancy but you still want to make yourself a dessert in a cup or mug, check out Buzzfeed’s ‘18 Microwave Snacks You Can Cook in a Mug’. It includes savoury recipes as well and are quick to whip up!

Ingredients (enough for a small cup): 8 Oreos, 10g butter, 100g Philadelphia cream cheese, 20g sugar, 30g whipped cream, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract

Crush three Oreos into crumbs. Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then, mix the Oreo crumbs into the butter until all the crumbs are covered with butter. Pour this into your cake cup and spread it evenly at the bottom of it – this will be your crust.

For your filling, mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and whipped cream. Then, crush four Oreos and add them to the other ingredients, mixing well. Pour the filling onto the crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate your cheesecake for 2/3 hours, depending on the firmness of it. Once your cake is done, top it off with two halves of an Oreo!

Tesco Philadelphia Original 280g – £1.20 (on offer), Oreo Vanilla 154g – £1.19, Tesco Everyday Value Unsalted Block Butter 250g – 98p, Silver Spoon Granulated Sugar 1kg – 79p, Anchor Light Cream – £1.35, Tesco Vanilla Extract – £1.39. Total Cost: £6.90. Cost per serving: £1.89